Wondering what it is?
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
I have chosen 12 books that I can choose from for this read-a-thon. I know for sure I will not be able to read all of them but I gave myself some variety so that no matter what mood I'm in I'll find a book I want to read. So here they are:
- The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
- V for Vendetta/ Watchmen by Alan Moore
- Scott Pilgrim 4 (Gets it together) by Bryan Lee O'Malley
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
- Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
- Animal Farm by George Orwell/ Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
- The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger
- A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
- Bite Me by Christopher Moore
- The Beatrice Letters by Lemony Snicket
I might write some updates everyday and I will definitely try to upload a video a day on my youtube channel for updates (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsCNEKdsLSAEwatUC96-5tQ). If I'm not able to update on here everyday I will right a blog post on my total readings and page counts and all that jazz.
Can't wait to start reading like a maniac and I hope some of you join me as well.